What we believe
- We believe in the Trinity — Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28.19) — therefore, as Christ followers, the Lord has called us to live in Christian community.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God that has the authority to rule and guide our faith and practice, through the leading of the Holy Spirit. In the Holy Scriptures we learn that God came in the flesh and dwelt among us in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus healed the sick, fed the hungry, and ate with sinners. In his passion he suffered, was crucified, died, was buried, and on the third day he rose from the dead — therefore, as the church, we are called to live as incarnational people, that live as servants of all.
- We believe that the gospel is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith (Romans 1.16) — therefore, we want to share with all the world the good news that Jesus Christ is Lord.
- We believe that the Lord loves us just the way we are, while at the same time loves us too much to leave us the way we are (Deuteronomy 30.19-20) — therefore, the Holy Spirit guides and leads the church to nurture one another in Christian faith and love, and to grow in holiness (1 Peter 2.1-10).
- We believe that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is a missional God (Exodus 3.6-12). A God that sent his only Son in order that the world might be saved through him (John 3.16-17) — therefore, as the Church, the Lord has called us to live as a missional people.